Features of OCLC WorldShare Management Services
OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS) brings library information and activities together in a safe and secure way. These services are designed and engineered to provide your library with:
- Security: Hardware and software safeguards that ensure secure operations.
- Privacy: Private data is private data. This is true for local systems and applications and associated information that lives on the Web
(see OCLC's Commitment to Secure Library Services).
- Scalability: A solution that meets the needs of small to large members, independent libraries, groups and regional consortia.
- Availability: High technical standards translate into system and service availability. Downtime for participating libraries will be absolutely minimised.
- Flexibility: The service-oriented architecture allows users to extend the power of WMS with locally created enhancements. Standard APIs and data exchange will facilitate customisation as well as interoperability with other systems.
"Shared data, shared cataloguing, shared vendor information with other libraries. That is why we chose a cloud-based system."
Henar Silvestre Ferradal, Deputy Director, I.E. Library Madrid
WMS offers one set of integrated applications that shares this data and supports library management across the full range of workflows through a Web-based staff interface. These applications provide a new approach to managing your library workflows cooperatively: