OCLC WorldShare™ License Manager at a glance
- License Manager is a unique electronic resource management solution that consolidates the management of link resolution with vendor, licensing and subscription management.
- License Manager operates either as standalone or can be integrated with OCLC’s WorldShare Acquisitions, which is part of OCLC WorldShare™ Management Services.
- License Manager is a vendor-neutral service interoperating across library management systems, allowing for KBART-formatted exports of profiled knowledge bases for integration with other library management systems.
- License Manager is built on the OCLC WorldShare Platform allowing library staff and others to create applications that enhance current features and bridge information to other systems.
- License Manager provides analytics that inform library management decisions. COUNTER-compliant statistics are aggregated in the OCLC statistics portal at www.stats.oclc.org.
- The WorldCat Knowledge Base holdings that power the License Manager’s linking functionality synchronize automatically with WorldCat every day. Once your library’s local data is present in the WorldCat Knowledge Base, that information automatically updates appropriate records in WorldCat.
- For cataloguing subscribers, this means near real-time synchronization of print and electronic holdings in WorldCat.
- For WorldCat Local subscribers, this means no additional uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogues and instant access to licensed resources for your end users.