Connexion client version 2.50 is now available for download. You will be required to upgrade to version 2.50 by 31 March 2014. An upgrade warning message will begin appearing when you start version 2.40 beginning in early February 2013.
A new collaboration between OCLC and ProQuest automates the process to keep e-book holdings from ebrary and EBL – Ebook Library up to date in WorldCat and library catalogs and offers current links to library users for easy access to those titles. The...
Join OCLC member-leaders and staff at ALA Midwinter for updates on OCLC programs, a Regional Council business meeting and a debate-style symposium on MOOCs. The meeting will take place on Friday, January 24, 2014, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, Ea...
Lethbridge College, Tyndale University and University of New Brunswick now using OCLC WorldShare Management ServicesLethbridge College, Tyndale University College and Seminary, and University of New Brunswick in Canada are now using OCLC WorldShare Management Services (WMS), moving library management services to the cloud. More than 240 libraries worldwide have se...
The Alberta Library (TAL), a consortium of 49 public, university, college, technical institute and special libraries, has selected a group catalogue solution from OCLC as its provincial discovery tool.
10 December 2013
Streamlining management, discovery and access of print collections with OCLC WorldShare Management Services
During this live, one-hour demonstration, you’ll see how OCLC WorldShare® Management Services simplify library management workflows and improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print materials, journals and serials. Q&A will follow the demonstration.
11 December 2013
Join us for an online discussion to hear from three panelists about their libraries’ decisions to move to
OCLC WorldShare® Management Services.
Our guest panel includes:
• Tim Bucknall, Assistant Dean of University Libraries and Head of Electronic Resources and Information Technologies, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
• Bobby Wynn, Director of Library Services, Fayetteville State University
• Laura Johnson, Director of Library Services, Livingstone College
07 January 2014
Join us for a webinar to get the big picture on cloud-based services and see how these services give libraries opportunities for collaboration and improved efficiency.
You’ll learn about:
• Migration and upgrades—how multi-tenancy software makes the process easier
• Cooperative sharing—how library workflows can become more efficient by sharing data
• Infrastructure savings and flexibility—how the cloud reduces the need for hardware and delivers access to resources at the user’s point of need
• Security and privacy—certifications and best practices you should understand when considering a cloud solution.
Subscribe to OCLC Abstracts, a weekly e-publication that provides news about OCLC services, programs and research.
Would you like to subscribe to other OCLC e-mails or provide more information on your profile? Providing more information now will make sure you receive the OCLC news that matters most to you.
A message has been sent to your e-mail address. Please follow the link in that e-mail to the page where you can edit your preferences. This is done to ensure that only you can edit your e-mail preferences.