Order FirstSearch for an individual library
If you represent an individual library, you should print and complete the FirstSearch Individual Institution Order Form (PDF) to place either a new order or a renewal.
Complete as much of the form as you can—note that you can type directly into the document in Adobe Acrobat Reader and save it locally—then contact OCLC Canada to obtain pricing and other information that will help you complete the form and finalize the order.
Before you begin
You may need to gather the following information before you begin:
- Your billing address, if it differs from your mailing address
- Your OCLC symbol, if you are an OCLC member
- IP addresses of your FirstSearch workstations if IP authentication will be used
- Existing FirstSearch authorization numbers, if possible
Completing the form
- The first three sections of the form are for your library’s mailing, billing, and membership information.
- In the FirstSearch Order Information section, choose the type of purchase you want to make: per-search account, subscription account, or a combination.
- In the Documentation section, check the box if you want printed documentation.
- In the Internet Protocol section, indicate the IP addresses of the workstations from which you plan to access FirstSearch.
- Indicate your Library Type
- In the Per-search Account section complete the appropriate sections.
- In the Subscription Account section, complete the appropriate sections.
Note: In the subscription account section Access Level refers to the number of simultaneous connections to FirstSearch for each database you select.
Reminder: If you selected Combination Account, you need to complete the Per-Search and Subscription Account sections.
Contact OCLC Canada to complete the order.