Get together with the OCLC cooperative online or in person! We offer a variety of events both physical and virtual for different engagement and comfort levels. You can decide what’s best for you based on what you need to know. Use this list to keep informed of upcoming meetings, conferences, events and webinars that OCLC plans to host or attend.
01 October 2014
Join us and learn how the Denver Public Library and the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga engaged their users with the power of their online special collections by configuring their CONTENTdm websites.
07 October 2014
Expanding discovery and visibility of all your library’s collections: A demo of WorldCat Discovery Services and WMS
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldCat Discovery Services, including how they work with WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how you can provide your end users with single-search access to your library’s full array of resources–electronic, print and digital
- Learn how your library can gain more visibility on the Web through OCLC's partnerships with leading search engines and popular sites
- Learn how staff and users can choose from integrated delivery options, including linking to full text through built-in link resolutions and an A to Z list, linking to your OPAC and requesting items via consortial borrowing systems or interlibrary loan
- Hear how simple these OCLC services are to configure and maintain, and how they build on OCLC services your library already may use.
07 October 2014
WorldCat Discovery Services enable people to discover more than 1.5 billion electronic, digital and physical resources in your library and libraries around the world through a single search.
08 October 2014
Join Tony Melvyn, Product Manager for OCLC Delivery services, to learn about new ways to use OCLC ILL statistics and assessment tools. Use the power of data to understand and improve your ILL service.
09 October 2014
During this session, you will learn why:
- Collaborative training and implementation is important for libraries
- Users of the same former ILS have improved their workflows collectively
- Libraries are seeing a great results with their investment in WorldShare Management Services.
15 October 2014
During this one-hour demonstration, you will:
• Hear how CONTENTdm can make it easier to manage your digital collections and can make them discoverable on the Web
• Learn the benefits of CONTENTdm and see examples of how current libraries, archives, museums and other cultural heritage institutions are using the service.
29 October 2014
This program will include an overview of new features now available in WorldShare Interlibrary Loan as well as information about plans for future enhancements to the service.
05 November 2014
During this one-hour overview demonstration, you will see how WorldShare Management Services:
• Help your library simplify your electronic resources management workflows
• Improve discovery and access of your library’s e-resources, including e-books, e-journal packages, databases and open access collections
• Free you from the restrictions of local hardware and software, and provide more time to focus on serving your users and community.
06 November 2014
During this session, you will learn how:
- The WorldShare Management Services community continues to streamline workflows and collaborate to make improvements to the services
- Being part of a cooperative is beneficial to your library
- Your contributions can enhance the services.
11 November 2014
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Acquisitions, you will:
• Get a first-hand look at how your library can save time in your acquisitions workflows
• See how all physical and electronic acquisitions functions are available from one Web-based interface, eliminating the need to go back and forth between multiple systems
• Learn how you can access WorldCat, knowledge base and vendor data easily, as well as leverage the shared work of libraries and share vendor information.
20 November 2014
Managing your licenses and E-resources:
A detailed demonstration in WorldShare License Manager and WorldCat knowledge base
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how WorldShare License Manager brings together the two key features of electronic resource management: (1) knowledge about licenses that govern their purchase and use, and (2) knowledge base and linking technology that connect users to needed content in a single place.
License Manager: You will see how to reduce the complexity of managing all of your licenses and how you can eliminate the need to synchronize data across multiple interfaces to manage license agreements, rights, access and resolution to full text.
WorldCat knowledge base: You will see how the knowledge base provides comprehensive data about the e-resources of member libraries, automatically updating records in WorldCat, thus giving instant access to licensed resources for users. Also, you will see there is no additional necessary uploading or synchronization of licensed resources with local catalogs.
04 December 2014
During this one-hour overview demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will:
- See how the services help you to simplify your library management workflows
- Learn how the services improve discovery and access of your library’s physical collections, including print monographs, serials and multi-volume works
- Understand how WorldShare Management Services free libraries from the restrictions of local hardware and software to provide more time to focus on serving users and their community.
09 December 2014
During this one-hour detailed demonstration of WorldShare Management Services, you will learn how you can streamline all of your circulation tasks through a single, Web-based interface. You’ll also learn how your library operations can be performed on any tablet, laptop, smartphone or device with a Web browser. The portability of these devices means you can more easily complete tasks, such as inventory, because you carry out the tasks in your library’s stacks.
- Circulation: You will see how to easily use the account management functions, including check-in, check-out and renewals, as well as integrated hold and fine management. We will demonstrate how the services track availability and holds in real time, enabling libraries to generate a pull list on demand.
- Course Reserves: You will see how easy it is for anyone, including student workers, to create and duplicate a list, and store everything electronically.