WorldCat Collection Sets at a glance
OCLC is discontinuing WorldCat Collection Set in the coming weeks. Some sets are no longer available and others will be migrated to our WorldCat knowledge base with ongoing record updates delivered via WorldShare Metadata Collection Manager.
- Microform and Non-Microform Collections Sets are no longer available
- Electronic Collection Sets migration to the WorldCat knowledge base (with record delivery available via WorldShare Metadata Collection Manager) will happen on a scheduled basis beginning in September and lasting through December 2014
If you use WorldCat Collection Sets and would like additional information, please contact WorldCatCollectionSetsMigration@oclc.org
WorldCat Collection Sets save you the trouble of cataloging newly purchased sets of microform, nonmicroform, and electronic content by providing you a matching set of complete MARC bibliographic records ready to load into your local catalog.
- Save time and money by downloading precataloged records rather than having staff catalog items individually
- Make your collections available more quickly to users and resource sharing libraries around the world
- Increase use of new and existing materials such as microfilm, microfiche and electronic resources
- Over 1,000 Electronic Collection Sets are available
- Precataloged records readily available for high-demand content collections
- Your library’s holding symbol is automatically set in WorldCat
- New sets added continuously
To contribute a collection set your staff has cataloged, your library must be an OCLC member institution.
You do not have to be an OCLC member library to purchase WorldCat Collection Sets.
- Contract Cataloging offers materials cataloging to libraries of any size in all formats