EZproxy hosted service
OCLC can provide a completely hosted solution for EZproxy customers. This optional service includes all of the hardware and software components needed, as well as all back-ups, automatic system and software upgrades. Customisation and implementation time from the developers will be charged. Whether you need some extra help setting up EZproxy or require off-site hosting of the servers, OCLC gives you solid support through the hosted option.
The benefits of using hosting include:
- Gain 24/7 reliability for eContent access
- Add new database access in a matter of days
- Receive regular usage reports to help you know what resources are the most popular outside the library
- Requires minimal support from IT staff, freeing them for other critical tasks
- Save on servers and space—No need for any additional investment in locally-maintained hardware
- Stay current with EZproxy upgrades and enhancements
- Australian based data-centre—Data held in OCLC’s Sydney based datacentre helping libraries to be more compliant in regards to privacy and data security
- Gain peace of mind, as user information is maintained in a secure environment; institutional security certificate supplied
- Receive 24-hour on-site monitoring of hosting hardware and software within OCLC's climate-controlled and restricted-access computer facility
EZproxy hosted service is the first step toward OCLC member libraries being able to implement a single, simple electronic content solution: EZproxy hosted service, WorldCat knowledge base, licensed resource management, and integrated link resolution.
EZproxy hosted service available for current and new EZproxy users
For current (standalone) EZproxy users, OCLC will use your current configuration files and update them with standard logging, security and port settings. Institutional administrators can request EZproxy administrative rights for monitoring, if desired. OCLC staff will assist you in your migration from standalone to hosted EZproxy. Customisation and implementation time from the developers will be charged.
For all EZproxy hosted service users, pricing includes ongoing support throughout your subscription. Customisation and implementation time from the developers will be charged.
For more information, or to request a quote, please contact email@example.com