CONTENTdm offers multiple licensing options based on collection size, which enables you to choose the right license level for your project's size and budget. You can start small and expand your license seamlessly as your digital collections grow. Your choice depends on both the timing of your digital collection building and the availability of funds.
Included with your CONTENTdm license
- A CONTENTdm Web interface for your end users, which you can customise to meet your needs using the website configuration tools
- Upgrades to new releases of CONTENTdm
- Daily backups of your hosted data and site customizations
- 24 hours a day, every day monitoring of all system hardware
- Proactive, automated website site availability checks
All this is provided within OCLC's Sydney based, enterprise data centre, which operate in an ISO 27001 certified data centre environment.
Additionally, your license includes future software upgrades; participation in user forums and blogs; invitations to regional and national user group meetings; full access to the CONTENTdm User Support Center, which includes step-by-step tutorials for collection building; and collection metadata harvesting to WorldCat.
CONTENTdm license levels based on collection size
|Level||Number of digital items*||Total project clients**||OCR project clients|
|1||Up to 10,000||50||Available for purchase|
|2||Up to 50,000||50||2|
* Items—A stored image is a scanned file such as a photograph, a page in a book, a PDF, or one side of a postcard. A compound object is counted as the number of pages plus one for the compound object record (e.g., 10-page document counts as 11 items).
*** OCR Extension - The OCR Extension uses ABBYY's FineReader® OCR software to capture text for addition to searchable metadata fields within CONTENTdm collections.