With WorldShare Collection Evaluation, you can:
Collection Evaluation provides easy-to-interpret data analyses and a task-oriented interface that helps library staff visualize the data presented, making it easier to make tough collection management decisions during the course of routine library workflows. Detailed title information, subject analyses, peer holdings and local circulation data are also provided.
Many libraries consider adjusting how in-house space is used and plan to add, for example, study rooms or computer labs. These changes require detailed planning and auditing of current stacks to determine:
- Which books are not in high demand?
- What can I borrow easily from nearby libraries?
- Are there items that I might consider unique to my library?
- Is an electronic version available? If so, what collection is it in?
Collection Evaluation enables your staff to easily answer these questions and to prioritize which collections can be deselected to make room for new library spaces.
Determine if your collection can support accreditation curriculum by comparing it to other libraries with similar programs. Collection Evaluation allows you to answer:
- What content do other institutions with similar programs hold?
- Where do I have weaknesses to address?
- How current is my collection?
- How heavily are these resources used?
Collection Evaluation provides analysis showing how your resources compare against:
- a single peer institution;
- a group of up to 50 peer libraries;
- a variety of predefined groups defined by library type, geographic location, specialization, ARL status, ranking and more; and
- authoritative lists that provide access to recommended or highlighted lists, such as Choice, Booklist, Doody's, Library Journal, Publisher's Weekly and School Library Journal.
You can choose the most appropriate comparison for the analysis you're doing. Collection Evaluation also provides flexible export options so you can use your data for offline analysis and reuse.
Integration with WorldShare Management Services (WMS)
WMS libraries will see a new Analytics tab, which automatically includes circulation and holdings to make data-driven decisions for deselection, accreditation and acquisitions.
Download the WorldShare Collection Evaluation brochure
Learn more about how you can drive your collection decisions through cooperative intelligence.
There are no past events for WorldShare Collection Evaluation.
There are no recent news releases for WorldShare Collection Evaluation.
Sign up for news and updates on the first truly cooperative, Webscale management service for libraries.
Would you like to subscribe to other OCLC e-mails or provide more information on your profile? Providing more information now will make sure you receive the OCLC news that matters most to you.
A message has been sent to your e-mail address. Please follow the link in that e-mail to the page where you can edit your preferences. This is done to ensure that only you can edit your e-mail preferences.