ILLiad software version 8.6 is now available to ILLiad subscribers.
Upgrade to ILLiad version 8.6 for these new features:
- Ability to send text message notifications (requires a Twilio account)
- Email templates all moved to database
- Note: It is suggested to move all .txt email templates to the ILLiad Customization Manager prior to your upgrade.
- See the following resource for more details about the email template change: https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/illiad/Implementing+the+New+Features+in+ILLiad+8.6
- Odyssey Helper renamed to Electronic Delivery Utility and includes sending via Article Exchange
- Transaction statuses can have aliases on the web
- Users blocked for overdues can be automatically unblocked once they return the items
- Shipping addresses pull from the OCLC request and not from the address book record, to ensure proper shipping
- Redesigned documentation: https://prometheus.atlas-sys.com/display/illiad/
END OF SUPPORT FOR VERSION 8.4
ILLiad version 8.4 will not work with OCLC as of July 1, 2015. You must discontinue use of version 8.4 by June 30, 2015, so you do not lose access to OCLC interlibrary loan.
You can update directly to version 8.6 from 8.4 without having to install 8.5 on client workstations.
PLAN YOUR UPGRADE
Users of ILLiad hosted should contact their hosted service provider to schedule an update. Self-hosted ILLiad users can run the server updater and then update client workstations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Additional details about ILLiad version 8.6 are provided in ILLiad 8.6 Release Notes
Implementing the New Features in ILLiad 8.6