As Chair of the Asia Pacific Regional Council (APRC) Executive Committee, I am writing to announce that three member-leaders have been appointed to the APRC Executive Committee. We started with three open positions to fill. Following our call for nominations, we had a total of three qualified nominees who expressed interest and met all of the criteria. In accordance with the APRC bylaws, we have appointed these individuals. As a result, we will not hold an election this year.
Please join me in congratulating the three APRC Executive Committee Members, who will begin their three-year terms in July 2015:
- Yoshiaki Fukazawa, Director, Waseda University Library, Japan
- Judy Ng, Director, National Library Board, Singapore
- Peter Sidorko, University Librarian, The University of Hong Kong
The three individuals above will join the representatives below to comprise your APRC Executive Committee in July 2015:
- Howard Amos, University Librarian, University of Otago, New Zealand
- Craig Anderson, University Librarian, RMIT University, Australia
- Hsueh-hua Chen, National Taiwan University
- Honam Choi, Principal Researcher of Information Service Center, Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information, Republic of Korea
- JingKang Deng, Director, Tsinghua University Library, China
- Nor Edzan Che Nasir, Chief Librarian, University of Malaya Library, Malaysia
Asia Pacific will have five delegates on Global Council for 2015–2016. The officers (Chair, Vice Chair/Chair-Elect and Secretary) and two other Executive Committee members will serve as delegates. Craig Anderson, RMIT University, is currently the Vice Chair/Chair-Elect, and will become Chair of the Asia Pacific Regional Council Executive Committee in July 2015, for a term of one year. Howard Amos will serve the second year of his two-year term as Secretary. The other officer and the two delegates to Global Council will be determined by the Executive Committee during an Executive Committee meeting prior to July 2015 under the guidelines of the Asia Pacific Regional Council Bylaws. The remaining Executive Committee members serve as alternates, attending Global Council meetings in place of any delegate who is unable to attend.
Because we will not have an election this year, we have taken this time to streamline the voting process. Next year, we will send emails to voting representatives with unique URLs to access the online ballot, in lieu of supplying unique usernames and passwords. Please confirm your voting contact information online, to ensure we are positioned for a successful election next year.