CONTENTdm® "quick start"
What is CONTENTdm?
OCLC's CONTENTdm Digital Collection Management Software can make everything in your digital collections available to everyone, everywhere. No matter the format—local history archives, newspapers, books, maps, slide libraries or audio/video files—CONTENTdm can handle the storage, management and delivery of your collections to users across the Web.
- the CONTENTdm software hosted by OCLC
- three Project Clients for building your digital collections
- 10GB of storage for up to 3,000 digital items
If you find that your requirements exceed any of these limits, we'll work with you to review purchasing options to continue the seamless growth of your collections.
Special 30% discount available for a limited time
You can get your special collections online even faster by outsourcing the digitization to OCLC’s partner, Backstage Library Works. Backstage is currently offering a 30% discount to all CONTENTdm “quick start” users in the United States for packages featuring the following services:
- Digital imaging/scanning
- Automated image processing (crop, deskew, etc.)
- Image quality control
- OCR text conversion
- CONTENTdm collection setup and build
More details are available at: www.bslw.com/contentdm/quickstart
Getting started with CONTENTdm "quick start"
We've created training modules just for you. In addition, we've provided resource information and the form to activate your CONTENTdm "quick start" hosted instance.
Watch the CONTENTdm & Digital Collection Gateway Overview.
If you have questions after watching the Overview, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Activate your CONTENTdm instance.
- Attend a free CONTENTdm Basic Skills session.
Attend free, live, online CONTENTdm training. After your CONTENTdm instance is activated, you may register to attend this series of free, live, online courses designed to assist new users in building digital collections:
- CONTENTdm Basic Skills 1 - Getting started with CONTENTdm
- CONTENTdm Basic Skills 2 - Working with text in CONTENTdm
- CONTENTdm Basic Skills 3 - Maintaining collections in CONTENTdm
These sessions are offered on a monthly basis.