CONTENTdm® "quick start"
What is CONTENTdm?
OCLC's CONTENTdm Digital Collection Management Software can make everything in your digital collections available to everyone, everywhere. No matter the format—local history archives, newspapers, books, maps, slide libraries or audio/video files—CONTENTdm can handle the storage, management and delivery of your collections to users across the Web.
CONTENTdm “quick start” provides what you need to take the first step in building your library’s digital collections. It enables you to make your digital collections available on the Web quickly and easily. And there’s no need to worry about managing servers or software, since it’s hosted and completely supported by OCLC staff. With CONTENTdm "quick start," your library receives:
- The CONTENTdm software hosted by OCLC,
- Three (3) Project Clients for building your digital collections, and
- 10GB of storage for up to 3,000 digital items.
If you find that your requirements exceed any of these limits, we'll work with you to review purchasing options to continue the seamless growth of your collections.
Getting started with CONTENTdm "quick start"
1. Watch the CONTENTdm & Digital Collection Gateway Overview.
If you have questions after watching the Overview, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Activate your CONTENTdm instance.
Are you ready to start building your digital collections? You can get started with CONTENTdm "quick start" by completing and submitting the Activation Form.
Upon receiving your form, OCLC will send you a Welcome Letter and instructions within one week.
3. Attend a free CONTENTdm Basic Skills session.
These sessions are offered on a monthly basis.
- CONTENTdm Basic Skills 1 - Getting started with CONTENTdm
- CONTENTdm Basic Skills 2 - Working with text in CONTENTdm
- CONTENTdm Basic Skills 3 - Maintaining collections in CONTENTdm