CONTENTdm offers multiple licensing options based on collection size, which enables you to choose the right license level for your project's size and budget. You can start small and expand your license seamlessly as your digital collections grow. Your choice depends on both the timing of your digital collection building and the availability of funds.
Included with your CONTENTdm license:
- CONTENTdm Server (installed on a single system)
- Project Client software (can be installed on multiple workstations for distributed use)
- JPEG2000 (capability for viewing large files without the need for Web browser plug-ins)
- OCR Extension (included with some license levels, but can be added to any license)
- Flex Loader
Additionally, your license includes future software upgrades, participation in user forums and blogs, invitations to regional and national user group meetings, collection metadata harvesting to WorldCat and full access to the CONTENTdm User Support Center, which includes step-by-step tutorials for collection building.
CONTENTdm license levels based on collection size
|Level||Number of digital items*||Total Project Clients**||OCR Project Clients|
* Items—A stored image is a scanned file, such as a photograph, a page in a book, a PDF or one side of a postcard. A compound object is counted as the number of pages plus one for the compound object record (e.g., a 10-page document counts as 11 items).
*** 3,000 items or 10 GB for CONTENTdm "quick start."
The CONTENTdm "quick start" option
The "quick start" option is for smaller organizations, departments within larger organizations and groups wanting a scalable path to get started.
It offers the power of CONTENTdm at an entry-level price and includes full OCLC support. "Quick start" provides a hosted environment with secure, cost-effective systems support and allows you to get started on your digital collections immediately. Upgrade options to other levels allow you to expand your license as your collections grow.
CONTENTdm Hosting Services
Would you prefer OCLC staff to install your software and configure your initial CONTENTdm website for you on OCLC servers? You may want to consider CONTENTdm Hosting Services.