The WorldCat knowledge base connects your users to full-text content in articles, e-books and open access materials. The presence of your library’s local data in this central knowledge base will help you manage workflows related to management of electronic resources through multiple services including:
- MARC record delivery through WorldShare Metadata Collection Manager
- Sharing articles and e-books through WorldCat Resource Sharing and ILLiad
- Access to electronic resources from brief results in the WorldCat Local interface and an A to Z list
- Data to support full-featured management of licensed resources in the OCLC WorldShare License Manager and WorldShare Management Services
- Managing holdings in WorldCat for electronic journals and e-books
WorldCat knowledge base and OCLC WorldShare Metadata functionality are included as part of a full OCLC Cataloging subscription.
To use the WorldCat knowledge base data in a particular application, a subscription to that application or service may be required. See additional details about the WorldCat knowledge base.