|Multiple GPO item numbers || |
Documents distributed to depository libraries in both paper and microfiche have an item number for the paper copy and the microfiche copy. Use the following guidelines for such works:
- If a document has GPO item numbers for the paper copy and the microfiche copy, enter the item number for the paper copy in the first 074 field.
- If GPO distributes a publication to depository libraries more than once in the same format, but under different item numbers, enter the item from the first distribution in the first 074 field. Enter the item number from the most recent distribution in the last 074 field. If the publications also have different Superintendent of Documents classification numbers (SuDOCS), enter field 074 and field 086 in the same order to indicate which item number pertains to which classification number. If the first item number listed matches the first classification number listed, enter:
|074 || || ||0466-A-03 (MF) |
|074 || || ||0455 (MF) |
|086 ||0 || ||ED 1.310/2: |
|086 ||0 || ||ED 1.1 |
- If GPO distributes multipart monographs with volumes or parts in the same format, but under different numbers, enter the item numbers in volume or part number order. Indicate the volume or part in parentheses following the item number. If the volumes or parts also have different SuDOC numbers, arrange the field 086 fields in the same order as the 074 fields to which they apply.
|074 || || ||0621 (V.1) |
|074 || || ||0620 (V.2) |
|086 ||0 || ||I 19.2:W 68/2 |
|086 ||0 || ||I 19.3:1620 |
- If GPO distributes a serial with different volumes or parts in the same format, but having different item numbers over a period of time, enter the item numbers so that the earliest item number is in the first 074 field, and the most recent item number in the last 074 field. If the volumes or parts also have different SuDOC numbers, arrange the 086 fields in the same order as the 074 fields to which they apply.
|074 || || ||956 |
|074 || || ||956-F |
|086 ||0 || ||T 22.2:T 19/20/ |
|086 ||0 || ||T 22.57: |
- If GPO distributes a single volume or part of a serial simultaneously in paper and microfiche, follow the preceding instructions. If GPO distributes the same volume or part of a serial in the same format (i.e., paper or microfiche) under more than one item number, follow the preceding instructions.
- If GPO distributes a publication under an incorrect GPO item number, do not enter the number in subfield ‡z. The item number the publication is actually distributed under remains in subfield ‡a. (Use subfield ‡z only for item numbers that are canceled, invalid, or incorrectly transcribed by the cataloger.)